The purpose of the Chapter shall be to encourage, promote and assist physical, economic, and human resources planning within the State of Georgia and to further the purposes of the American Planning Association, including but not limited to the following:
- To provide for the exchange of ideas and to disseminate information to public officials and others engaged in or interested in planning and community development;
- To foster meetings, conferences, and educational programs relating to planning and development;
- To promote and support research and publications relating to planning and development and other pertinent subjects;
- To develop programs for the examination and continuing education of professional planners;
- To otherwise promote understanding, cooperation, coordination, and support necessary for progressive planning and development throughout the State of Georgia.