City of Brunswick
This specialized position enforces the city ordinances primarily affecting zoning and business functions and activities through the use of community oriented policing and problem oriented policing techniques.
Work involves serving the citizens and representatives of the city. Work normally consists of conducting inspections, investigations, issuing citations, and follow‐up that may result in municipal court cases. Work will be performed from a marked car, on foot, or in an office. Assignments are generally reviewed by the supervisor through reports and discussion. The Code Enforcement Officer works under the supervision of the Planning, Development & Codes Director with liaison to the Office of Internal Affairs and the City Marshal.
The following duties and associated tasks are performed by an employee in this position. No attempt is made to be exhaustive in the following list.
- Checks businesses for proper licenses and permits, littering, abandoned vehicles, taxi violations, and other duties as directed by supervisor.
- Cites persons responsible for abandoned vehicles and/or causes them to be removed from the public right of way in the city.
- Investigates littering and dumping violations and cites violators when found. Prosecutes and/or testifies in court, as necessary.
- Monitors the city docks to ensure compliance with ordinances.
- Assists the Municipal Court clerk in holding sessions of Municipal Court.
- Monitors the Brunswick Farmers’ Market when in operation.
- Maintains records, prepares reports, and performs other clerical and administrative duties.
- Operates general office equipment.
Salary & Benefits
Hiring Range: $13.63 – $21.13/hr
How to Apply
Apply at: Human Resources Department, City Hall, 601 Gloucester St., (2nd Floor) Brunswick, GA 31520 or online, an Equal Opportunity Employer.