City of Jonesboro
The City of Jonesboro is seeking a dynamic and highly qualified individual to be its next Director of Community Development. Over the past few years, Jonesboro has really begun to create a sense of place in its Downtown District. The Director of Community Development performs highly responsible professional urban planning, economic development and administrative work by directing and managing community development functions.
City Officials & Executive Staff have taken progressive strides to foster economic development within Jonesboro. Those strides include the following: creation of the Jonesboro Downtown Development Authority, participation in the Georgia Main Street program, rebranding initiative, creation of Enterprise Zone, completion of Major LCI Update (Blueprint Jonesboro), launching of Lee Street Park, acquisition of blighted properties in the Downtown District to begin revitalization efforts.
- Facilitates economic development of the city; oversees activities related to development and
related historic preservation functions.
- Develops short and long range plans; gathers, interprets and prepares data for studies,
- Coordinates the city’s zoning, sign, and landscape ordinance and subdivision regulations.
- Coordinates the review of plans and administration of regulations with developers,
engineers, planning staff, other city employees, and the general public; prepares reports for
presentation to the City Council.
- Reviews and prepares zoning reports in conjunction with the City Manager, general public
and other city employees;
- Reviews all special use, variance, zoning applications and site plans for compliance with
the zoning and other related ordinances; conducts on-site inspections as needed
- Drafts amendments to the zoning ordinance as required.
- Ensures that land uses are located in proper zones and in compliance with zoning
- Inspects all signs for compliances with construction, location, and setback requirements.
- Prepares zoning verification correspondence and answers public inquiries regarding zoning
and other issues; mediates complex disputes between parties
- Promotes and oversees filming activities in the city.
- Manages the City’s planning process; develops land use and economic goals and objectives,
plans capital projects, ensures public involvement in the process, coordinates the
documentation of a city plan.
- Screens citizen complaints and follows up with the proper departments.
- Files/retrieves and maintains materials/data from department’s computerized and manual
- Manages rights-of way for the city; works cooperatively with consultants.
- Administers the annexation process, including processing annexation petitions and meeting
with the public to provide annexation information.
- Composes and types correspondence, memoranda, reports, forms, etc.
- Manages the grants acquisition process; works cooperatively with management and
consultants to complete applications; prepares applications on as-needed basis
- Attends professional development workshops and conferences to stay abreast of economic
- Performs other duties, as assigned
Salary & Benefits
City Paid – 100% Major Medical Insurance
How to Apply
For more information, please visit the website.
You may submit your resume/application via mail to the following:
Jonesboro City Hall
Attn: Community Development Director
124 North Avenue
Jonesboro, Georgia 30236
For additional information, please contact City Manager Ricky L. Clark, Jr. at firstname.lastname@example.org