The City of Villa Rica
Villa Rica, GA
Under the general direction of the City Manager, this positions performs complex supervisory, and administrative work in overseeing and coordinating the areas of Planning & Zoning, Land Development and Building, Permitting, Inspections, and Code Enforcement.
Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, engineering, public administration, or a closely related field and a minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience, to include one (1) year of supervisory experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Master’s degree in urban planning, engineering, public administration, or a closely related field;
American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP)
Required essay questions: Please limit your responses to 500 words per question.
- What is your experience performing zoning interpretations?
- What is your experience with managing and making recommendations to appointed boards?
- Briefly, describe your experience performing and/or overseeing a plan review process.
- Describe your experience with code enforcement programs.
- Describe an ordinance you had to write? Also, include in your description the process from ordinance creation to adoption.
Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time position and includes paid training; paid holidays, vacation and sick days; retirement benefits; matching 457 retirement savings plan; medical, dental and vision benefits; plus much more!
Salary Range: Minimum $61,303.67 Annually
How to Apply
To apply send application materials to:
Human Resources Manager
City of Villa Rica
571 West Bankhead Highway
Villa Rica, Georgia 30180