Board of Regents
The University System of Georgia (USG) is one of the nation’s largest and leading public higher education systems, with 28 institutions, 325,000 students, and a space portfolio of over 105M square feet. The USG is governed by the Board of Regents and is committed to creating a more educated Georgia that is prepared for the global, knowledge economy by increasing degree completion, ensuring academic excellence, spurring research and creativity, driving business creation, and making efficient use of resources. Increasing the number of Georgians with a college degree is a top priority of the USG and Complete College Georgia. The USG emphasizes accountability, partnerships, performance, value, and global competitiveness to help achieve this goal. Our organizational core values are founded upon the principles of Integrity, Excellence, Accountability, and Respect.
The USG is accepting applications for the Director of Planning in the Office of Facilities. The Office of Facilities supports and promotes the value of Georgia’s higher education learning environments by providing strategic direction and leadership in all areas of facilities management, including planning, space assessment, project development, design and construction, operations, real estate, and environmental health and safety.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, resourceful planner/analyst with a professional focus on optimizing value and outcomes. Preferred professional background would include space data management, analysis, and technology; capital planning, prioritization, and program/scope/cost analysis; and physical/campus planning. The candidate will be adroit in communicating with a broad variety of stakeholders and facilitation within complex group dynamics, and be highly proficient in the graphic, written, and oral communication of planning data and analytics.
The Director of Planning is responsible for: facilities data reporting, management, and technology; space utilization analysis and reporting; system capital plan development and evaluation; analysis of large capital project scopes, programs, and costs; system planning methods and guidelines; and decision support for a broad variety of related issues. Extensive collaboration with other professionals in facilities and related planning/assessment functions is required.
- System facilities data reporting, management, and technology assessment/implementation.
- Analyze and report system space utilization.
- Coordinate system capital plan development and evaluation.
- Analyze and evaluation capital project scopes, programs, and costs.
- System planning methods and guidelines.
- Coordinate physical campus planning projects and activities.
- Special analyses and reports on related issues, as assigned.
- Collaborate extensively with colleagues in facilities and other related planning/assessment functions (e.g. fiscal/budget, academics, IT, etc.).
- Perform related duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Master’s degree from an accredited university in planning or other relevant discipline and five (5) years related professional experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of Board policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of facilities data management and analysis for higher education.
- Knowledge of integrated planning and campus planning principles and practices.
- Knowledge of capital planning and assessment of project scope, program, and cost.
- Knowledge of institutional construction and project management.
- Knowledge of general land use and real estate development practices.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Skill in data management, analysis, and synthesis.
- Skill in physical and strategic planning.
- Skill in using specialized database, analysis, and visualization software.
- Skill in oral, written, and graphic communication and presentation.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and facilitation.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Professional experience in campus space data management/analysis/technology and utilization analysis; capital planning and prioritization; capital project scope, program and cost analysis; and campus/physical planning.
- Ability to collect, validate, manage, and analyze complex multi-source data sets in a public higher education environment.
- Proficiency in graphic, written, and oral communication / presentation / visualization of planning data and analytics.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including stakeholder engagement and facilitation within complex group dynamics.
How to Apply
The position will remain open until filled with an anticipated start date of December 2017. Apply via the University System of Georgia career portal at http://www.usg.edu/hr/jobs/.