Southern Georgia Regional Commission
The Southern Georgia Regional Commission is seeking a professional planner to lead the environmental planning and water quality programs of the 18-county region. Duties include development of plans related to environmental concerns for the region, including water quality best management practices for agriculture, municipal, commercial and industrial use. Helps source and secure funding from regional, state and federal sources. Performs budget analysis and time allocation associated with grant opportunities. Valid driver’s license, MVR, and pre-employment drug test required. Email resume and cover letter to Corey Hull at firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain posted until it is filled. Salary commensurate with experience. EOE.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION:
- Knowledge of regional planning and environmental planning techniques and methods.
- Knowledge GPS equipment operation.
- Knowledge of research processes and statistical analysis and interpretation.
- Knowledge of public administration and government jurisdiction interrelationships.
- Knowledge of local, regional, state, and federal regulations, laws, and funding sources.
- Knowledge of commission policies and procedures.
- Skill in conducting related research.
- Skill in preparing and presenting planning reports.
- Skill in operating a personal computer and various software programs.
- Skill in developing and implementing programs.
- Skill in computer operations.
- Skill in operating standard office equipment and cameras.
- Skill in making public presentations.
- Skill in oral and written communication and interpersonal relations.
Salary & Benefits
How to Apply
Please visit the website.
Open until filled.