APD Urban Planning and Management LLC
APD Urban Planning and Management LLC is seeking to fill a full time GIS Analyst position to create, edit, analyze, and manage spatial data, and perform raster and vector-based analysis for reporting and decision making in our planning and community development work. We are looking for a creative, highly motivated, detail-oriented GIS Analyst with a strong background in ESRI software (ArcGIS Pro), ArcGIS Enterprise including familiarity with City Engine or similar analytical software. Primary responsibilities will be to lead data management while gathering, analyzing and presenting data using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) geodatabases, ArcGIS Pro software, and in charts and tables and other ArcGIS apps and tools, and serve as primary contact for staff technical assistance for GIS applications.
Minimum Experience & Training – At least three (3) years of progressively responsible experience developing and managing GIS projects with some involvement in urban, neighborhood, or community planning activities and/or research. Minimum of undergraduate degree in GIS, Geography, Computer Science, Urban Planning or related discipline. Will accept candidates with equivalent professional experience using GIS in the production of maps and spatial analysis.
Primary job tasks include but are not limited to:
- Produce map layouts in ArcGIS Pro to display data and data analyses in a clear and informative way, including but not limited to production of spatial and statistical analyses of demographic and other neighborhood, city or regional data
- Generate advanced level Microsoft Excel charts and tables
- Collect additional geographic and other data as necessary, incorporating it into geodatabases
- Write metadata for any data collected and GIS analyses completed
- Update and create online GIS applications for presentations and clients
- Develop new data collection, visualization and analytical methods that add to the firm’s ability to analyze community information
- Develop and organize graphics libraries
- Lead field surveys and inventories as needed
- Assist with other neighborhood/community planning and business development related tasks as
- Demonstrated expertise of technical geography and proficiency in using GIS software to perform spatial analysis
- ArcGIS Online and extension experience is required
- Familiarity with City Engine or similar software is preferred
- Excellent proficiency with Census data and other demographic data sets
- Ability to analyze, present and report on qualitative and quantitative data
- Demonstrated ability to apply analytical methods, innovative solutions and sound judgment in problem solving
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Genuinely excited and enthusiastic about learning and pushing technical limits/finding new solutions.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change including new technologies and procedures
- Ability to work as both an individual contributor and in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Salary & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience; negotiable
How to Apply
Please submit the following documents via email to Bridget Wiles, email@example.com (No phone calls accepted)
- 3 references with complete contact information
- 3 Report Samples
- 3 Map samples – using varying scale and demonstrating GIS skillset
- 1 sample of work created using GIS applications.
Incomplete submittals will not be considered or reviewed. No phone calls accepted.
Open until filled.