Description of Job / Position
This position is responsible for the administering the department’s geographic information system (GIS) and planning operations.
- Maintains, coordinates and administers the Barrow County GIS database.
- Develops maps for county departments and the general public.
- Performs field work to collect GPS data.
- Reviews development plans for geospatial accuracy.
- Assists departments with zoning issues.
- Assists in updating zoning ordinances.
- Assists in conducting and coordinating planning studies.
- Processes zoning applications.
- Processes variances applications.
- Processes development applications.
- Reviews development plans
- Attends Planning Commission meetings as needed.
- Performs related duties.
- Coordinates with the Communications Division of the Emergency Services department to ensure the maintenance and updates to the E911 address data are completed accurately.
- Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
- Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with one to three years’ experience or service.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
Safety Sensitive and CDL positions are subject to pre‐employment drug testing and background checks
Barrow County is an EOE
Salary & Benefits
Pay Grade: 21 Salary Range: $50,245 – $75,368
How to Apply
All positions are advertised on the Barrow County website