The Nature Conservancy
Description of Job / Position
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in more than 72 countries, all 50 United States, and your backyard. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity therefore we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
Become a force for nature and a healthy planet by joining the Georgia team. The work of this position will help to advance the Conservancy’s Georgia Chapter in developing and managing a cutting edge healthy cities program in the City of Atlanta. Specifically, this position will work with local governments, contractors, and key partners to establish access to nature with the goal of reducing pollution and protecting water resources while proving an enhancement to nature-based solutions to improve the quality of life of local communities.
We are looking for a proven leader and problem solver with excellent people skills and experience working with local governments and partners to develop community-based conservation solutions. This position is a member of the Georgia Conservation Leadership Team, working closely with the North American Cities Network, and the Global Resilient Cities Initiative, and is responsible for program leadership and management. The candidate initiates and manages the development of high leverage conservation strategies for the Georgia Chapter’s work in metro Atlanta and may promote replication of successful nature-based solutions in other urban centers throughout the state and beyond. We appreciate collaborative approaches and encourage innovative ideas and recommendations.
- BA/BS degree and 5 years’ experience in project management and program development or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing complex or multiple projects, including staffing, workloads and finances under deadlines.
- Supervisory experience, including motivating, leading, setting objectives and managing performance.
- Experience in partnership development with non-profit partners, community groups and/or government agencies
- Experience negotiating.
Salary & Benefits
In the low $60K, commiserate with level of experience.
- Medical insurance
- Retirement savings plan, with matching contribution of up to 8 percent after one year of service, fully vested after three years
- Generous annual leave and sick time
- Paid Holidays
- Paid life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Paid business travel accident insurance
- Employee discounts
How to Apply
If you have a personal passion for conserving and protecting the natural world with a belief in the mission, principles, and values of The Nature Conservancy’s approach to conservation, and want to receive great benefits, then please visit our website to learn more. Submit your cover letter and resume for position number 46669 by 11:59 PM ET on July 31, 2018. Please note that the position will be located in Atlanta, GA.
11:59 PM ET on July 31, 2018