The Collaborative Firm, LLC
East Point, GA
Description of Job / Position
TCF, LLC, is actively seeking a part-time planner in our Planning Services Department. We currently need a part-time planner to support multi-disciplinary planning projects, including both long-range and current planning, as well as carrying out research planning projects.
Under the direction of the Planning Director, the successful candidate will perform a variety of professional planning activities including: site plan and subdivision reviews, review and analysis of applications for rezonings, variances, and conditional use permits, report writing, data collection, research, field studies; drafting zoning ordinances and/or amendments, comprehensive plans and master plan updates; drafting design guidelines, neighborhood planning studies; and preparation of maps (using GIS), graphs and charts. The ideal candidate must have a working knowledge of urban design, zoning/land use and transportation issues.
Outstanding written and oral communication are critical to the success of this position. The successful candidate will be energetic, and have the ability to work collaboratively with elected and municipal officials; TCF and municipal staff and the community.
- Data collection and analysis
- Prepare text for comprehensive plans, zoning ordinances, planning studies, and other planning documents
- Preparation of land use assessments and zoning analyses
- Attend public meetings, including community meetings, visioning exercises, character preference surveys and design charrettes
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of information to elected and appointed boards and authorities, local government staff, and citizens
- Bachelor’s degree in urban/city planning, geography, urban design, public administration, or closely related discipline
- 3+ years of public or private sector planning experience
- A working knowledge of planning and zoning principles and practices
- Ability to comprehend and interpret, federal, state, and local regulations
- Proven written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and research skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Exemplary work ethic
- Available to attend night meetings
- A Master’s Degree in urban and regional planning, or a related field and two (2) years of professional planning and community development experience
- Preference given to candidates with experience working in a local government answering zoning questions and reviewing plans and facilitating planning charrettes and soliciting stakeholder involvement
- Preference given to those with urban design and GIS experience
Salary & Benefits
Competitive Salary and Benefits
How to Apply
Cover letters and résumés should be submitted for consideration via email, or by fax to (404) 684-7033.