The City of Sandy Springs
Sandy Springs, GA
Description of Job / Position
The Collaborative, an award-winning consulting firm with a national reputation for excellence in planning, design, engineering, transportation and communications, seeks a talented Plan Reviewer to join its team of professionals supporting a contract for the City of Sandy Springs, GA. Our Sandy Springs community development team operates as an on-site, full-service community development department in support of the City of Sandy Springs, providing planning and zoning, building and permitting, and code enforcement services. The Collaborative also manages two other departments in support of the City, including Communications and Economic Development. The services provided by the Community Development Department are wide-ranging and constantly changing. It is a fast-paced environment, requiring attention to detail and flexibility in prioritization.
The Plan Reviewer II conducts work of moderate to high complexity and must possess thorough understanding of zoning and site development. The Planner II works under limited supervision.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Planner II include:
- Interprets and applies applicable state, county and local codes, ordinances and regulations
- Reviews various development applications including plats, permits and site plans for compliance with the Development Code
- Handles variance petitions
- Assists with updates and maintenance of the Comprehensive Plan, Development Code and Technical Manual
- Writes and presents formal and technical reports and correspondence
- Attends a substantial number of evening and weekend meetings
Duties and Responsibilities Details
- Provides with tact a variety of information to the public including conditions of zoning and land use regulations.
- Discusses potential projects with applicants, including property owners, developers and design professionals. Explains filing procedures and analysis criteria.
- Handles variance cases from submittal through decision. Solicits and compiles comments from other parties. Writes staff reports that include analysis of the proposal and recommendation. Presents findings at public meetings.
- Researches land use and zoning issues and proposes text amendments to the Comprehensive Plan, Development Code and Technical Manual. Coordinates proposed updates with colleagues in other divisions and departments. Presents findings to elected officials and the public.
- Demonstrates leadership by providing support to Planner Is and by identifying regulations in need of improvement.
Salary & Benefits
The Collaborative offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
How to Apply