Cobb County DOT
Cobb County seeks a Planner 1 to join the Department of Transportation’s Planning Division. The Planning Division’s current and future work includes comprehensive transportation plan, pedestrian-focused road safety audits, countywide trails plan, transit comprehensive operational analysis, and Chattahoochee River master plan. This is a great opportunity to work on important and exciting transportation planning efforts.
Planner 1 essential duties include:
- Facilitates both long range and current planning actions related to compliance with the County’s integrated transportation plan and comprehensive plan goals, objectives, and policies.
- Provides professional assistance, direction, liaison and consultation regarding planning issues with industry professionals and the public, including developers, engineers, consultants and architects, community civic groups and business interests.
- Prepares a wide variety of materials, reports and documentation for public hearings, various meetings and board presentations.
- Provides technical assistance to coordinate County’s transportation projects with local, regional and state plans and programs to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Provides assistance to develop grant applications including coordination with existing plans and technical writing.
- Participates in the development of short and long range transportation plans for the County; plans for orderly development of multi-modal transportation facilities including transit, sidewalks, trails, and bicycle lanes.
- Performs geographic information system data entry, information display and analysis.
- Participates in the supervision of consultants, administrative support and paraprofessional staff, i.e., assigning tasks, providing technical reviews of work products.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning, Civil Engineering, or related field required; supplemented by one year of experience in planning, zoning or related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. While performing the essential functions of this job the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and lift and/or move up to 10 to 20 pounds. While performing the essential functions of this position the employee is rarely exposed to disagreeable environmental factors.
Salary & Benefits
$20.78 – 33.24 per hour based on education and experience.
How to Apply
Interested applicants please review full description and submit your application online.
Cobb County is an equal opportunity employer. Cobb County Government does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us if you require accommodation to apply for a position. If you need assistance, please contact us at 770-528-2541. Cobb County Government is a smoke-free environment for all employees. Cobb County Government is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion and post-accident testing.