City of Duluth
Description of Job / Position
This position is responsible for providing customer service, managing the City’s Geographic Information System (GIS) and assisting within the Department of Planning & Development on planning functions for the City of Duluth involving current planning and long range planning efforts. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to researching, preparing studies and staff reports, preparing and delivering presentations, reviewing applications and in general assisting developers, engineers, other related professionals as well as the general public with planning and zoning related questions and performs additional tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, GIS, environmental design or related field from an accredited college or university required; Master’s degree in an appropriate field preferred.
- 1 – 4 years of professional-experience in planning, GIS, community development, or related work.
- Professional certification by the GIS Certification Institute as a Certified GIS Professional (GISP) or American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) are especially preferred.
- Spoken/written fluency in a foreign language is beneficial, particularly Spanish, Korean, or Chinese.
- Must be able to work individually as well as with a team; and work independently with minimal supervision.
Salary & Benefits
Hiring range is $46,358 – $49,712 (annualized; paid bi-weekly, Grade 24), with starting salary based on qualifications.
How to Apply
Visit our website for a full job description, job application, and list of benefits.
Cover letters, resumes, job application with all required documents may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or delivered to:
City of Duluth
3167 Main Street
Duluth, GA 30096-3263
For questions about the job duties, please contact Bill Aiken, Planning & Development Director, 678-957-7274 or email@example.com.
For questions about the application/hiring process, please call Human Resources, 770-497-5287 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Duluth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The City will conform with all applicable local, state, and federal laws concerning employment and will not illegally discriminate with regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, genetic information or other legally protected status or classification, except where mandated or permitted by law as a bona fide occupational