Hall County Government
Researches and evaluates zoning codes and zoning information, reviews applications for permits to determine compliance with zoning requirements and subdivision regulations, and acts as staff support for the Planning Commission. Assists the public in researching zoning and development review cases, determines feasibility of requested changes, and describes procedures for obtaining permits. Consults with public in person or by telephone; explains applicable regulations for development proposals, and describes procedures for processing permits and applications.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews plans for compliance with applicable ordinances, laws, rules, and regulations and reviews applicable legal documents.
- Handles customer phone calls, walk-ins and appointments related to zoning and development issues and projects.
- Receives and reviews applications for zoning, land use, permits and approves or routes applications to appropriate personnel.
- Assists in presenting detailed reports on rezoning and variance requests to the Planning Commission.
- Assembles maps, plans, and related data needed for plan review and assists co-workers in performing related research.
- Provides information to the public as required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Landscape Architecture or Public Administration or related field with one year relevant experience.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the jobs such as those listed above.
How to Apply
Open until filled