Cobb County – Community Development Agency
The Cobb County Community Development Agency is seeking Planner I candidates to assist the Zoning Division. The Zoning Division’s work consists of land entitlement, permitting, reviewing rezoning and variance requests, and other current planning responsibilities. The preferred candidate will be an individual that has a desire to learn about the zoning process in Cobb County and grow with the Agency.
Planner 1 essential duties include:
- Performs a variety of administrative functions associated with planning activities, such as maintaining records and program information, drafting and reviewing correspondence, and providing public information.
- Responds to requests for information related to planning services and assists in conducting plan reviews: intakes, reviews and makes recommendations for petitions for rezoning, modifications of zoning, use permits, variances, subdivision plat approval, floodplain related development activity, and/or other planning related activities as assigned.
- Participates in defined segments of planning projects; conducts research; prepares specifications and plans for assigned projects.
- Collects, tabulates, and stores planning data: compiles, maintains and updates planning operational data; researches and analyzes statistical data for use in planning activities; identifies trends and problems; recommends appropriate actions; provides requested information to supervisors, boards, commissions, civic groups and the general public; generates summary reports; makes presentations; and updates and maintains related databases.
- Manages planning review and compliance for land disturbance permit plans: manages as-built acceptance and review; reviews floodplain, stream buffer, and river corridor plans for environmental compliance and approval; and responds to customer inquiries about environmental laws and regulations, and all other development regulations.
- Performs geographic information system data entry, information display and analysis.Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning, Civil Engineering, or related field required; supplemented by one year of experience in planning, zoning or related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. While performing the essential functions of this job the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and lift and/or move up to 10 to 20 pounds. While performing the essential functions of this position the employee is rarely exposed to disagreeable environmental factors
Salary & Benefits
$20.78 – 33.24 per hour based on education and experience.
How to Apply
Interested applicants please review full description and submit your application online.
Cobb County is an equal opportunity employer. Cobb County Government does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please contact us if you require accommodation to apply for a position. If you need assistance, please contact us at 770-528-2541. Cobb County Government is a smoke-free environment for all employees. Cobb County Government is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion and post-accident testing.