Sandy Springs, GA
Description of Job / Position
The Plan Reviewer II conducts work of moderate to high complexity OF PLAN REVIEWING and must possess thorough understanding of zoning and site development. The Planner II works under limited supervision.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Planner II include:
- Interprets and applies applicable state, county and local codes, ordinances and regulations
- Reviews various development applications including plats, permits and site plans for compliance with the Development Code
- Handles variance petitions
- Assists with updates and maintenance of the Comprehensive Plan, Development Code and Technical Manual
- Writes and presents formal and technical reports and correspondence
- Attends a substantial number of evening and weekend meetings
- Provides with tact a variety of information to the public including conditions of zoning and land use regulations
- Discusses potential projects with applicants, including property owners, developers and design professionals. Explains filing procedures and analysis criteria.
- Handles variance cases from submittal through decision. Solicits and compiles comments from other parties. Writes staff reports that include analysis of the proposal and recommendation. Presents findings at public meetings.
- Researches land use and zoning issues and proposes text amendments to the Comprehensive Plan, Development Code and Technical Manual. Coordinates proposed updates with colleagues in other divisions and departments. Presents findings to elected officials and the public.
- Demonstrates leadership by providing support to Planner Is and by identifying regulations in need of improvement.
- Minimum of four years of professional experience in plan review.
- Equivalent combination of training, education, and experience will be considered.
- Experience with local government preferred.
- Ability to read site plans.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Familiarity with urban planning principles.
- Valid Georgia motor vehicle operator’s license is required.
Salary & Benefits
The Collaborative offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.