City of Chamblee/CPL
Description of Job / Position
CPL, a full-service architecture, engineering and planning firm providing Planning & Development services for the City of Chamblee, GA is seeking to add a Planning Coordinator to our team. The candidate will work full-time in the City of Chamblee’s Planning and Development Department in Chamblee, GA. This position provides a wide range of Planning and Zoning related duties. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and eager to be a part of a growing and progressive City.
Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning or related field is required.
All levels of experience will be considered.
- Providing customer service for Department-related customer service matters, both in-person and over the phone;
- Coordinating certain permits including: Land Disturbance Permits, Plats, Zoning-Related Applications & Fence Permits;
- Managing Pre-Application meetings for Planning and Zoning-related applications including pre-review of all submittals, note-taking and follow-up correspondence with applicants;
- Managing and updating all Planning and Zoning-related applications and forms, as needed;
- Accepting and reviewing Temporary Sales/Outdoor Sales Permit Applications;
- Communicating with other City Departments and outside agencies regarding applications;
- Creating Zoning Verification Letters;
- Maintaining Department Webpage;
- Completing Plan Reviews for Signs, Minor Residential and Pool Permits;
- Completing Business License reviews for compliance with Zoning Regulations;
- Conducting research on planning and zoning-related matters;
- Assisting with long-range planning projects;
- Attending other meetings, as needed;
- Other job duties, as determined by the Director and Deputy Director.
Salary & Benefits
CPL is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a competitive compensation and benefits package. Starting salary is anticipated to be $40,000.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume via email to Matt Dickison No calls please.