City of Rome
Serves as the Chief Planner and department director and is responsible for professional land use and transportation planning. The Planning Director provides technical planning services and advice to the Rome/Floyd County Planning Commission, Rome City Commission, Cave Spring City Council and the Floyd County Board of Commissioners. This position also assists in developing, coordinating and administering work programs to serve the planning and developmental needs of each individual jurisdiction and of the county as a whole. Rome-Floyd County works diligently to cultivate an “open for business” and “one stop shopping” environment within planning, zoning and building inspection services. As such, the Planning Director works very closely with the Chief Building Official and other department directors to provide timely service to customers seeking assistance to enable project success from conception through construction.
- Knowledge of research and planning principles and practices as applied to urban and regional planning, transportation, recreation, capital improvements, economic development and the interrelationships among these.
- Knowledge of local, regional, state and federal regulations, laws and funding sources pertaining to planning activities.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations, laws and policies related to public administration.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal requirements to be met and approvals obtained before proceeding with capital improvement projects.
- Ability to express ideas effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to read complex regulations and interpret their application to local agencies and situations.
- Ability to read and interpret detailed engineering and architectural drawings.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers; RDC members; County and City staff; other officials; and the general public.
Salary & Benefits
How to Apply