DeKalb County School District
Title: Analyst III, Planning/GIS/SPLOST
Under direct direction, develops and provides data and information, including capacity, enrollment and projected enrollments and other information necessary in the development and support of the long-range Capital Improvement Plan to ensure that students are placed in the correct school in the DeKalb County School District (DCSD). Additionally under direct direction, develops and analyzes data and information, including Special-Purpose-Local-Option-Sales-Tax (SPLOST) expenditures, obligations, and budgets in development and support of the long-range Capital Improvements Plan to ensure that efficient and proper use of SPLOST funds and efforts.
The following duties are representative for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Tasks and responsibilities will be in concurrence with implementing the Strategic Plan and Aligned Management System. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Analyzes street and address information from student data to ensure accuracy of the GIS map, DCSD projections.
- Processes student data to provide enrollment information used by departments to ensure classes are staffed and students equipped appropriately.
- Provides school attendance information to parents and other departments to ensure students are placed in the correct school.
- Provides street and other information to Transportation department to ensure that their maps and routes are up-to-date, helping them route buses in the most efficient manner possible and saving on transportation costs.
- Supports the redistricting and any other planning effort undertaken by the Planning Department, including representing DCSD at public meetings.
- Interacts with other school systems and governmental bodies to gain needed data (street files, aerial imagery, etc.) to ensure the DCSD map is as accurate as possible; makes recommendations to correct any inaccuracies in data.
- Analyzes SPLOST data and information and provides oversight and summary of expenditures, budgets, and obligations for the capital improvements program.
- Analyzes data and information for the Facilities Management Department and/or the Operations Division, including, but not limited to, review of operations and set-up and analyses of data into databases, spreadsheets, computer programs, and/or statistical analyses programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- • Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Construction, Engineering, Computer Science, GIS or closely related area is preferred.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Minimum of five (5) years database maintenance, GIS maintenance/support, planning, or closely related experience is required.
• Experience in computer programming, including Python, SQL, and statistical software packages, is preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PERMITS:
- American Institute of Certified Planners Certification, Project Manager Professional (PMP) and/or Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Professional Certification preferred.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING STEPS:
(1) Select a job posting via the PATS website; (2) Complete an on-line application; and (3) Submit the required documents. Please check your “To Do List” for a list of requirements. Documents underlined in blue can be attached. All other documents must be submitted to Human Resources.
How to Apply
Open until filled