Northeast Georgia Regional Commission
The Northeast Georgia Regional Commission (NEGRC) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Project Specialist within its Planning & Government Services (PGS) Division. The Project Specialist is primarily responsible for assisting in local and regional efforts related to community and economic development and planning.
The ideal candidate will have experience and working knowledge in several areas of local-government administration including: grant application development and grant administration, policy analysis, and land-use planning. The position requires an ability to perform research, prepare and assemble written materials and specialized plans, and assist in various forms of community engagement. The Project Specialist will also serve in a supporting role and in coordination with other PGS staff.
- Demonstrated research and analytical experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to prepare and make public presentations in a variety of local government settings
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with competing deadlines
- Ability to work independently but also on project teams
- Knowledge and experience working with elected officials, local government staff, and community stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in political science, history, english or similar area of study
- Master’s degree in Public Administration or Policy, Planning, or related field
- One year of related work experience
Salary & Benefits
The range for starting, annual salary is $34,000-$40,000 based on experience and qualifications that includes benefits.
How to Apply
A complete resume and cover letter should be sent to: NEGRC, Attn: Julie Ball, Program Assistant, 305 Research Drive, Athens, GA 30605-2795 or email: email@example.com. Review of received resumes will begin on May 29, 2017 and continue until the position is filled. No telephone inquiries accepted. The NEGRC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.