Description of Job / Position
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle. This is a great opportunity to help expand how traditional public infrastructure projects can be improved through partnerships and innovative methods of outreach!
- Position will work with senior members of our public involvement and planning team, supporting public engagement efforts for projects in South Carolina as well as other CDM Smith offices across the Southeastern United States.
- These responsibilities will include assisting in the development of Public Engagement Plans for projects, the implementation of these plans and supporting the required elements of public engagement for our projects.
- Conducting research and providing professional communications.
- Working with social media as well as electronic methods of survey and data collection.
- Will communicate regularly with project stakeholders (elected officials, citizens, business community representatives, and environmental justice communities).
- This position will support public engagement efforts for projects in South Carolina and some evening hours may be required.
Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, urban, community or regional planning or related discipline. 3 years. Regular travel is required.
How to Apply
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.