City of Stockbridge
The City of Stockbridge has a job opportunity for Senior Planner. This position is responsible for performing a variety of duties related to the collection, analysis, interpretation, and presentation of technical land use, environmental, zoning, permitting and other City planning data; ensures compliance with the City’s development standards, ordinances, GIS, and reports directly to the Community Development Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs advanced professional work related to a variety of planning assignments;
- Assists City staff in the enforcement of local ordinances and in interpreting city codes and comprehensive plans;
- Participate in the research analysis, and interpretation of social, economic, population and land use data trends;
- Assists in the development and implementation of zoning, subdivision regulations, capital improvement plans, land use plans, annexation studies, and other plans, studies, and codes to meet the City’s needs;
- Coordinates city planning activities with other City divisions, departments and outside agencies as needed;
- Attend a variety of meetings, including Planning & Zoning Board meetings, Council and pre-development meetings;
- Advise and confer with architects, builders, contractors, attorneys, engineers and the general public regarding City development policies, standards, and guidelines;
- Evaluates land use proposals for conformity to established plans and ordinances;
- Evaluates the development impact of proposals as they relate to the adopted codes and plans of the City and prepares reports and makes recommendations;
- Interpret project compliance with city plans, ordinances and codes;
- Organizes and administers research studies, conducts analyses and prepares reports/recommendations regarding land use, infrastructure improvement, environmental requirements and other matters;
- Prepare staff reports and graphic displays;
- Performs related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, city planning, geography, architecture or a closely-related field supplemented by four (4) years of professional municipal planning experience equivalent to that of an Assistant Planner or Senior Planner in city planning; Master’s degree desirable; post-graduate planning education may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis; Excellent interpersonal skills, Excellent oral and written communications skills, supervisory experience may be required or preferred. AICP Certification is preferred and a valid State of Georgia Driver’s License.
Salary & Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Complete a City of Stockbridge online job application at www.cityofstockbridge.com. You can also mail an application with a cover letter and resume to City of Stockbridge – Human Resources Department, 4640 North Henry Blvd., Stockbridge, GA. 30281 or fax to 770-626-4237. Please indicate the position you are applying for on the application. The position will be opened until filled.