City of Union City
Union City, GA
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To support the vision, mission and guiding principles of the City.
- While performing any procedure, all associates and contract personnel must observe applicable Safety, Health, and Environmental rules and guidelines. The use of appropriate personal protective equipment is required.
- Attend and participate in training opportunities and seminars relevant to this position.
- Adhere to appropriate City operating procedures, benefit rules, employment, and safety policies/practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops short and long-range ordinance amendments, preliminary development plan review and project implementation
- Coordinates the Comprehensive Land Use Plan
- Coordinates with the Community Development Director on matters relating to the use of land and zoning codes
- Presents comprehensive land use changes and plans to Planning Commission; conducts site inspections and analyzes projects for compliance to Land Use Plan
- Prepares ordinances related to zoning and land use issues; assists Community Development Director in interpreting/applying zoning ordinances
- Prepares and presents Department recommendations to Planning Commission
- Reviews preliminary plats, construction plans and survey plats to ensure conformance to policies and codes
- Coordinates in long-range planning activities including project research, development of programs and presentations
- Serves as the liaison between the development community and City Engineer
- Assists applicants with interpretation of review comments as well as the Development Regulations, Subdivision Regulations and Zoning Ordinance
- Works with other departments and governmental agencies providing data or research in areas such as land-use, codes and locating sites for future development
- Meets with applicants and reviews potential developments; explains the procedures of the zoning process and assists the applicant with application procedures
- Represents the City and department at various meetings including after hour meetings as needed
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting the Operations Department with Public Relations, Special Projects, Programs and Grants
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in City, or Regional Planning or related field;
- Three (3) years work experience in related field;
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) Certification desired;
- Must possess valid State of Georgia driver’s license;
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Salary & Benefits
Salary ranges between $42,592.50 and $63,888.75 annually
Open until filled.