Macon-Bibb County Planning & Zoning Commission
Working under the direction of the Zoning Director, the Associate Development Review Officer will assist with the zoning functions of the Commission.
The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the Commission’s zoning operation including:
- Review of development plans and documents;
- Processing of zoning applications, ensuring compliance with zoning regulations and development standards;
- Providing assistance and information to the general public regarding zoning regulations;
- Preparing staff reports for hearings and meetings;
- Work with Zoning Inspectors regarding permit and development compliance;
Applicants should possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in public administration, business, marketing, or construction management. Consideration will be given to applicants with two or more years of work experience in a relevant field. GIS knowledge and experience are beneficial.
Applicants must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access. Creative problem solving and graphic presentation skills are highly desirable. The successful candidate will be technically competent, detail-oriented, highly organized and should possess strong verbal and written skills in order to effectively communicate technical information to the public and work effectively with local, state, and federal agencies.
Salary & Benefits
Starting salary is market competitive depending upon experience and qualifications. Commission offers a competitive benefits package.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,000.00 per year
How to Apply