Georgia Tech Enterprise Innovation Institute
Serving within the Research Faculty of The Institute, this position directly supports the extension, service, and economic development missions of Georgia Tech to the State of Georgia and beyond. Primarily this position serves within the Economic Development Lab division of the Georgia Tech Enterprise Innovation Institute (EI2). Project Managers in this associate/level I role are responsible for assisting level II and senior-level project managers with initiating, conducting, and reporting on projects that promote local, state, regional, national, and international economic development. This includes, but is not limited to, working with leaders/officials in public and private enterprises, non-profits, governments, and other related economic development organizations. Project Managers are expected to conduct research, perform assessments, and provide technical assistance that helps create an attractive business climate. Incumbents in this role must be able to report measurable outcomes, as needed, through metric reporting systems required by federal, state, municipal, and/or private sponsors.
Bachelor’s Degree in economics, economic development, city & regional planning, public policy, historic preservation, management, or business administration, or related area is required.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the EI2 mission and how it supports Georgia Tech in helping to improve Georgia’s state economy.
- Participate in identifying, cultivating, and building strategic partnerships that align with Georgia Tech’s multidisciplinary research, education, and outreach priorities.
- Participate in conducting technology assessments, estimates, grant proposals, and report writing in support of departmental goals/objectives.
- Report measurable outcomes through internal metric reporting systems.
- Contribute to the development of marketing and promotional materials design and content.
- Provide input to the project planning process.
- Contribute, on a limited basis (at level I), to the development of business proposals.
- Assist in the process of coaching, educating, and accelerating technology startups.
- Participate in professional development activities (self-study and/or formal classes).
- Perform organizational administrative tasks, and other related duties, as assigned.
Salary & Benefits
Benefits for working at Georgia Tech can be found here.
How to Apply
Job ID 232700