City of Dacula
This position is responsible for the overall administration of Planning & Development functions for the City of Dacula.
- Reviews plans for compliance with applicable ordinances, laws, rules, and regulations and reviews applicable legal documents.
- Consults and assists contractors, engineers, attorneys, other government agencies, and the general public on interpreting ordinances, laws, rules, and regulations, and resolves related problems.
- Receives and reviews applications foe zoning, land use, permits and approves or routes applications to applications to appropriate personnel.
- Assembles maps, plans, and related data needed for plan review and assists co-workers in performing related research.
- Receives and routes building plans to appropriate personal based upon type and expertise.
- Enters plan and permit data and coordinates related activities with co-workers.
- Performs onsite inspections of proposed and on-going plans to gather information and determine compliance.
- Document management and retention of planning and zoning records.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, landscape Architecture, Planning, or a combination of experience and education to satisfy the requirement.
- One year of related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education of education of experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Valid Driver’s License from state of residency.
- Engineering and planning principles and practices; applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Reviewing plans for compliance with codes, laws, rules, and regulations; applying applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Operating a computer and applicable software; Microsoft Office Suite & Arc GIS.
- Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with co-workers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Physical Ability: Essential functions of this position continuously require the ability to remain in a stationary position (sitting or standing); operate a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copier, and printer. Incumbents must continuously be able to think analytically; handle stress and emotion, concentrate on tasks, remember names and other details; examine and observe details; make decisions, and adjust to change.
- Incumbents must also continuously direct others; meet deadlines; stay organized; use math/calculations and use a keyboard/type.
- Essential functions frequently require the ability to move about inside the office; and move/transport items up to 10lbs.
- Essential functions occasionally require the ability to bend body downward and forward by bending spine and legs, and twisting at the waist, hips or knees; reach overhead; push or pull; and repetitively use hands/arms/legs.
- Incumbents in this position are occasionally required to be on-call and work irregular hours.
- Sensory Requirements: Essential functions regularly require the ability to use effective verbal and written communication; and use of hand/eye coordination and fine manipulation to use equipment.
- Environmental Factors: Essential functions of this position continuously require the ability to either work with others or work alone.
How to Apply