SAFEbuilt has an immediate opening for a Community Development and Business Relations Manager in the Greater Atlanta Area. This is a professional, administrative and supervisory position responsible for the plan review, permit and business license functions. The employee serves as a single point of contact and advocate to expedite and assist prospective and existing businesses requests, and is responsible for facilitating project processing and permitting and serves as a resource to county staff, outside agencies, and the general public answering questions, providing information, assistance, and solving problems. Work requires a high level of interpersonal communication and group facilitation skills as well as a keen understanding of inter-agency relationships. This employee serves as general overseer and coordinator of business services.
More About SAFEbuilt: One of the fastest growing providers of privatized community development solutions in the country, SAFEbuilt partners with over 1000 communities of all shapes and sizes throughout the country for the efficient delivery of privatized community development solutions including: building department services, community and transportation planning & zoning and community improvement services. Learn more.
- Supervises and evaluates the work of License and Permit Analysts and other support positions as assigned.
- Manages business license revenue and seeks additional funding opportunities.
- Ensures the smooth, timely review of development and building construction plans submitted to the department.
- Advocates a business-friendly environment while complying with regulatory requirements.
- Assists in the promotion and development of business using best practices for urban planning with a live, work, play and do business locally goal in mind.
- Encourages green development in a cost effective, mutually beneficial way.
- Serves as a liaison to streamline or simplify governmental processes in a professional, constructive, community minded, customer friendly and ethical manner.
- Develops and maintains contacts and professional relationships with local, regional and state officials, community leaders as well as area educational institutions.
- Works collaboratively with the Chamber of Commerce and Development Authority as well as other entities. Shares information within this group in an open, honest, and trusting manner.
- Maintains contacts and professional relationships with companies within Community as well as companies that potentially may locate to Community.
- Periodically reviews and suggests revisions of the Unified Development Ordinance to better serve the business clientele and the Community.
- Maintains up to date and accurate record keeping documentation on each client with proficiency on scanning papers for records management and retention.
- Demonstrates a firm commitment to a philosophy of continual improvement, personal and professional development and public service.
- Participates in special business community events promoting development.
- Attends Chamber of Commerce, Economic Development Council, and Development Authority meetings as needed.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge of county principles, practices and procedures.
- Comprehensive knowledge of county codes, regulations and ordinances.
- Knowledge of new programs and project initiatives, particularly those related to development or redevelopment.
- Skill in reading and interpreting maps, construction plans and site plans. Ability to work accurately with detailed records and complex information.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, other departments and outside agencies.
- Ability to use diplomacy under stressful situations assuring the county is always reflected in a positive light.
- Strong supervisory and team management skills.
- Ability to function effectively within a political environment.
- Skill in using independent judgment and discretion.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Is organized, detail oriented and accurate, and can effectively prioritize their own work in the context of department practices and established time frames.
- Has skill in the use, operation, and application of Microsoft Office software, especially the
- Microsoft Office suite; GIS mapping software; and basic functioning of database software.
- Skill in prioritizing and executing assignments with limited supervision. Skill in using independent judgment and discretion.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Public Administration, Planning or a related field 5 years of relevant development or related professional experience required.
OR have a combination of education, training and work experience that is equivalent and provides the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities for this job.
- Proficiency in technology skills utilizing Microsoft Office Suite and other applicable software.
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification – preferred.
- Soil Conservation certification – preferred
Salary & Benefits
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Relocation Assistance Provided
With Growth Comes Opportunity! Our culture is positive and energetic as we empower people to do what they do best. SAFEbuilt employs over 1000 highly qualified and motivated individuals who share the common Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Service, Teamwork and Improvement. We offer a strong salary and benefits package to reward ability, certification levels, and work experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances, paid holidays, paid time off, paid training, new certification bonuses, a matching 401K Plan, and more.
SAFEbuilt is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us or you may call us directly on 970-292-2200.
How to Apply