Community Development Director
Spalding County Board of Commissioners
The Spalding County Board of Commissiners has an excellent opportunity for an expericend Community Development Director. This is a great opportunity for a Planner or Senior Planner who is ready to make the jump to department head.
This position directs all current and long-range County planning, manages the County’s building inspection program, GIS program, and Erosion & Sedimentation Control program. Serves as technical advisor to the Planning Commission, Board of Appeals, and County Manager. Reports to the County Manager or his designee.
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree in planning (or a related field) from an accredited college or university
- Five years of supervisory/managerial experience in urban/regional planning and/or local government administration as directly related to urban service delivery;
- Or a Master’s Degree in planning (or a related field) and three years of supervisory/managerial experience in urban/regional planning or local government administration as directly related to urban service delivery; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience in administration of building inspection program preferred.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license.
Salary & Benefits
We offer an excellent benefits package including a defined-benefit retirement plan. Salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply