Atlanta Regional Commission
The Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) is the regional planning and intergovernmental coordination agency that focuses on issues critical to the region’s success, including growth and development, transportation, water resources, services for older adults and workforce solutions. ARC is dedicated to unifying the region’s collective resources to prepare the metropolitan area for a prosperous future. This is done through professional planning initiatives, the provision of objective information and the involvement of the community in collaborative partnerships.
The ARC Community Development Department is seeking part-time, temporary support for the Community Development Assistance Program (CDAP) and Comprehensive Planning and engagement needs within the Center for Livable Communities.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess strong skills in research, mapping, use of ESRI ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap or Pro), writing, and an interest in public engagement. Some experience with InDesign and Excel is beneficial. To be successful, candidates should have solid time management skills, ability to work independently and possess a desire to learn, overcome challenges, and solve problems. This position will fill two (2) vacancies. Both positions are not eligible for benefits, working up to 29 hours per week.
- Knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS Desktop (ArcMap or Pro);
- Knowledge of Census data products;
- Willingness to assess and learn an array of tools as needed;
- Ability to tell a story with data and possess strong analytical and technical skills;
- Ability to establish priorities and organize work;
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently with general instructions;
- Proficient in standard office equipment, Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and related software applications.
Salary & Benefits
How to Apply