Blue Cypress Consulting
Blue Cypress is seeking a Community Planner with two to four years of experience to support current and future projects in the areas of public outreach, GIS analysis, and land use and transportation planning. The Community Planner will be an integral part of our team and help collect and interpret data, carry out technical analysis related to land use and transportation, draft planning narratives, and support stakeholder and public outreach efforts. This candidate must have strong communications skills, be open to working on a variety of projects and be comfortable working in a team environment and regularly engaging with the public and community stakeholders. The ideal candidate is innovative and has experience balancing multiple tasks, engaging with community stakeholders, and enjoys public speaking. If you are excited about shaping your career to fit your passions and want to influence the direction in which our company grows, we want to talk to you.
- Providing community planning support services in areas that may include public outreach, land use planning, transportation planning, and other strategic planning projects.
- Helping facilitate outreach initiatives including community and stakeholder meetings and surveys.
- Creating project documentation and an online presence for promotion of public input opportunities using a variety of platforms such as Social Pinpoint, SurveyMonkey, MailChimp, ESRI StoryMaps, social media, and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Collecting and preparing data for inclusion in planning analyses and documents.
- Performing current and long-range planning tasks concerning land development, transportation planning, urban design, and others, as current project work allows.
- Interest in and ability to attend evening and weekend meetings
- Supporting office functions as needed, such as marketing initiatives.
- Master’s degree in City, Urban or Regional Planning, Urban Design, Public Policy, or a related field
- Solid understanding of land use planning and zoning principles and practices
- Understanding of transportation planning data tools, processes, trends, and best practices
- Demonstrated understanding of major data sources for planning including the U.S. Census, U.S. Department of Labor, local zoning and community development ordinances, GDOT transportation and transit requirements, GIS, and others
- Flexibility and desire to work on a variety of planning projects
- Team-oriented self-starter
- Ability to provide creative and critical thinking and strategies to planning work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency in ESRI ArcGIS
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite products (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Exemplary work ethic
- Experience developing website, social media, and other communications materials within an organizational setting
- AICP certification
Salary & Benefits
Blue Cypress Consulting, LLC, (Blue Cypress) is a vibrant and growing woman-owned small business (WBE/DBE) headquartered in Decatur, Georgia, providing Community Planning, Public Outreach, GIS, and Utility Management Services. The company was formed in 2013 with a vision of improving the communities in which we live and work. Our Community Planning team has a proven history of providing high-quality services to municipal clients in the Metro-Atlanta area and beyond. We add value through responsiveness; a focus on innovation; offering honest, respectful, and well thought through advice; and high-end analytical services. We strive to stay sharp, monitor and set trends, and think outside the box to offer fresh ideas to our clients. We sweat the details, while keeping our eye on the strategic horizon. Above all, quality and integrity are the touchstones of Blue Cypress culture.
Employee Development – Our Philosophy
We believe in helping our employees align their energy with their passion. We believe in setting our employees up for success by providing a structure to develop their careers. We believe in mentorship that nurtures passion and challenges the intellect. We embrace the entrepreneurial spirit and are seeking a candidate with the same passion for making our company their own and changing the world. We support getting involved in community and trade organizations, attending career-related training opportunities, and attending conferences to present and to learn.
Benefits of Working with Us
Blue Cypress Consulting been nominated as a Best Place to Work. Our commitment to our team members and the company culture is a top priority. The Ministry of Culture (MOC) at Blue Cypress is an employee-driven, management-supported effort that provides a place to guide company culture, promote team building, and create a positive work environment that makes employees feel valued and appreciated. The MOC currently implements the following four initiatives:
- Team Building
- Community Involvement
- Wellness & Environmental
At Blue Cypress Consulting, we consider each employee’s circumstances and strive to offer flexible work arrangements and to promote work/life balance. We utilize remote working tools such as screen sharing and professional conference calling equipment, as well as cloud-based business systems, enabling our team members’ access to data and systems remotely. We offer a retirement account matching program, competitive paid-time-off, and health insurance plans. Blue Cypress is in walking distance of bus and rail lines and located within the vibrant Decatur business district.
Salary: $55,000 – 75,000
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Tiffany Stone.