Northeast Georgia Regional Commission
The Northeast Georgia Regional Commission (NEGRC) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Community Planner within its Planning & Government Services (PGS) Division. The Community Planner is primarily responsible for assisting in local and regional efforts related to community planning and development.
The ideal candidate will have experience in local and regional planning, including Georgia Department of Community Affairs (DCA) requirements, public engagement best practices, GIS experience, and preparation of planning documents and supporting graphics. They will also have knowledge of state and federal programs that support community development and planning efforts at the local and regional levels. Educational or professional experience in planning, community development, and/or downtown development is a must. This position also requires an ability to prepare and administer grant applications, perform research, assist with various forms of community engagement, and support the Senior Community Planner and other PGS staff in ensuring accomplishment of state and federal contract requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in planning, public administration, landscape architecture, or similar area of study
- 2-4 years of related work experience in community development and planning, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Demonstrated research and analytical experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to prepare and make public presentations in a variety of local government settings
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with competing deadlines
- Ability to independently manage projects
- Effective in working directly with elected officials, local government staff, and community stakeholders
Salary & Benefits
$42,000-$53,000 based on experience and qualifications.
A competitive benefits package is provided.
How to Apply