Community Planner I (GIS Analyst)
Blue Cypress Consulting
Blue Cypress is seeking a Community Planner with two to five years of experience to support current and future projects in the areas of GIS mapping and analysis, land use and transportation planning, and data analytics. The Community Planner will be an integral part of our team and help collect and interpret data, play a lead role in mapping and GIS related tasks, carry out technical analysis related to land use and transportation, and draft planning narratives. This candidate must have strong analytical skills, be open to working on a variety of projects, and be comfortable working in a team environment. The ideal candidate is innovative and experienced at balancing multiple tasks, has expertise in synthesizing and interpreting data, and has experience working in consulting. If you are excited about shaping your career to fit your passions and want to influence the direction in which our company grows, we want to talk to you.
- Providing GIS mapping and analysis to transportation and land use planning projects.
- Providing community planning support services in areas that may include land use planning, transportation planning, and other strategic planning projects.
- Collecting and preparing data for inclusion in planning analyses and documents.
- Performing current and long-range planning tasks concerning land development, transportation planning, urban design, and others, as current project work allows.
- Providing GIS analysis and data management support to companywide projects.
- Creating interactive GIS-based public input opportunities using platforms such as Social Pinpoint and ESRI StoryMaps.
- Helping facilitate outreach initiatives including community and stakeholder meetings and surveys.
- Interest in and ability to attend evening and weekend meetings.
- Supporting office functions as needed, such as marketing initiatives.
- Undergraduate degree in City, Urban or Regional Planning, Geographic Information Systems, Geography, or a related field
- Expertise in Esri ArcGIS Suite, including but not limited to ArcGIS Pro, Survey123, and StoryMaps
- Understanding of transportation planning data tools, processes, trends, and best practices
- Demonstrated understanding of major data sources for planning including the U.S. Census, U.S. Department of Labor, local zoning and community development ordinances, federal and state transportation data, GDOT, GIS, and others
- Flexibility and desire to work on a variety of planning projects
- Team-oriented self-starter
- Ability to provide creative and critical thinking and strategies to planning work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite products (InDesign, Illustrator)
- Exemplary work ethic
- Dashboarding and data management experience, including use of Experience utilizing Tableau, PowerBi, and/or other similar tools
- Master’s degree in City, Urban or Regional Planning, Geographic Information Systems, Geography, or a related field
- Experience working in consulting
- AICP certification
- Familiarity with land use planning and zoning principles and practices
Salary & Benefits
$60,000 – $80,000 (commensurate with experience)
Blue Cypress Consulting is a vibrant and growing woman-owned small business (WBE/DBE) headquartered in Decatur, Georgia, with growing offices in Cincinnati, OH, and Seattle, WA. Formed in 2013, the firm provides clients with best-in-class utility management and community development consulting services. We add value through responsiveness; a focus on innovation; offering honest, respectful, and well-thought-through advice; and high-end analytical services. We strive to stay sharp, monitor and set trends, and think outside the box to offer fresh ideas to our clients. We sweat the details, while keeping our eye on the strategic horizon. Above all, quality and integrity are the touchstones of Blue Cypress culture.
Employee Development – Our Philosophy
We believe in helping our employees align their energy with their passion. We believe in setting our employees up for success by providing a structure to develop their careers. We believe in mentorship that nurtures passion and challenges the intellect. We embrace the entrepreneurial spirit and are seeking a candidate with the same passion for making our company their own and changing the world. We support getting involved in community and trade organizations, attending career related training opportunities, and attending conferences to present and to learn.
Benefits of Working with Us
Blue Cypress Consulting been nominated as a Best Place to Work. Our commitment to our team members and the company culture is a top priority. The Ministry of Culture (MOC) at Blue Cypress is an employee-driven, management-supported effort that provides a place to guide company culture, promote team building, and create a positive work environment that makes employees feel valued and appreciated.
The MOC currently implements the following four initiatives:
- Team Building
- Community Involvement
- Wellness & Environmental
At Blue Cypress Consulting, we consider each employee’s circumstances and strive to offer flexible work arrangements and to promote work/life balance. We utilize remote working tools such as screen sharing and professional conference calling equipment, as well as cloud-based business systems, enabling our team members’ access to data and systems remotely. We offer a retirement account matching program, competitive paid-time-off, and health insurance plans. Blue Cypress is in walking distance of bus and rail lines and located within the vibrant Decatur business district.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to Tiffany Stone.