Blue Cypress Consulting
Blue Cypress Consulting is seeking a Community Planner II with 5 – 10 years of experience to support current and future projects in the areas of public outreach and land use and transportation planning.
The Community Planner II will be an integral part of our team and be responsible for managing small projects and tasks and helping lead small- to medium-scale pursuits and marketing efforts. This candidate must have strong communication and organizational skills, be skilled at balancing a variety of projects concurrently, and be comfortable working in a team environment. The ideal candidate is innovative, has experience engaging meaningfully with public and community stakeholders, and enjoys public speaking. If you are excited about shaping your career to fit your passions and want to influence the direction in which our company grows, we want to talk to you.
This candidate must have a successful track record of leadership, delivering major tasks or projects on time and on budget, developing and maintaining client relationships, and playing a role in business development activities.
Blue Cypress Consulting is a vibrant and growing woman-owned small business (WBE/DBE) headquartered in Decatur, Georgia, with growing offices in Cincinnati, OH, and Charleston, SC. Formed in 2013, the firm provides clients with best-in-class utility management and community development consulting services. We add value through responsiveness; a focus on innovation; offering honest, respectful, and well-thought-through advice; and high-end analytical services. We strive to stay sharp, monitor and set trends, and think outside the box to offer fresh ideas to our clients. We sweat the details, while keeping our eye on the strategic horizon. Above all, quality and integrity are the touchstones of Blue Cypress culture.
Employee Development – Our Philosophy:
We believe in helping our employees align their energy with their passion. We believe in setting our employees up for success by providing structure to develop their careers. We believe in mentorship that nurtures passion and challenges the intellect. We embrace the entrepreneurial spirit and are seeking a candidate with the same passion for making our company their own and changing the world. We support getting involved in community and trade organizations, attending career related training opportunities, and attending conferences to present and to learn.
Benefits of Working with Us:
Blue Cypress Consulting won an Atlanta Business Chronicle Best Place to Work award in 2021 after being nominated by our employees. Our commitment to our team members and the company culture is a top priority. At Blue Cypress Consulting, we offer flexible work arrangements/schedules and strive to promote work/life balance. We utilize remote working tools such as screen sharing and professional conference calling equipment, as well as cloud file storage, enabling our consultants access to their team and data from any client site. We offer competitive paid time off, a retirement account matching program, and comprehensive healthcare plans.
The Ministry of Culture (MOC) at Blue Cypress is an employee-driven, management-supported effort that provides a place to guide company culture, promote team building, and create a positive work environment that makes employees feel valued and appreciated. The MOC currently implements the following four initiatives:
- Team Building
- Community Involvement
- Wellness & Environmental
This position is not expected to be responsible for supervising direct reports.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
This is a hybrid position that includes both in-office and remote work. Employees are required to come into the office once per week, with a minimum of 6 times per month. While in the office, the employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is our top priority. Due to the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, we require employees to be fully vaccinated as defined by the CDC. The company will make reasonable accommodations when possible for employees who are unable to be vaccinated because of a disability, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious beliefs.
There is potential travel up to 10%, consisting of primarily local travel in the Atlanta Metropolitan Area. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, travel requirements may be adjusted.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
Blue Cypress Consulting provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee filling this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by management. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this job description. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Leading and managing outreach tasks as a part of larger planning efforts.
- Facilitating outreach initiatives, including developing community outreach strategies and solutions, leading community and stakeholder meetings, and developing surveys.
- Creating project documentation and an online presence for promotion of public input opportunities using a variety of platforms, such as Social Pinpoint, SurveyMonkey, MailChimp, ESRI StoryMaps, social media, and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Performing current and long-range planning tasks concerning land development, transportation planning, urban design, and others, as current project work allows.
- Managing concurrent small projects and successfully delivering these on time and on budget.
- Maintaining and growing core client relationships and assessing client needs with the goal of delivering tailored, cost-effective solutions.
- Preparing and participating in business development activities such as client engagement, proposal writing, and presentations.
- Supervising, delegating, and overseeing work of junior staff on small project delivery.
- Master’s degree in City, Urban, or Regional Planning, Urban Design, Public Policy, or a related field
- Demonstrated management skills with ability to effectively manage collaborative teams with concurrent projects and deadlines
- Demonstrated understanding of transportation planning data tools, processes, trends, and best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing website, social media, and other communications materials within an organizational setting
- Team-oriented self-starter
- Ability to provide creative and critical thinking strategies to planning work
- Proven ability to help grow client base
- Solid understanding of major data sources for planning, including the U.S. Census, U.S. Department of Labor, local zoning and community development ordinances, GDOT transportation and transit requirements, GIS, and others
- Flexibility and desire to work on a variety of planning projects
- Ability to attend evening and weekend meetings
- Exemplary work ethic
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite products (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Experience as a planning consultant in a Metro-Atlanta firm
- Demonstrated skillset in Adobe Creative Suite products (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Proficiency in ESRI ArcGIS
- Solid understanding of land use planning and zoning principles and practices
- American Institute of Certified Planners Certification
Salary & Benefits
How to Apply
Send an email and cover letter to Tiffany.Stone@BlueCypress-Consulting.com