Macon-Bibb County Planning & Zoning Commission
The Macon-Bibb County Planning & Zoning Commission talent search committee attracts and hire the best qualified candidates across the nation. The incumbent will lead by example and demonstrate honesty and integrity along with dedicated themselves to lending unparalleled customer service and professionalism.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate poise under pressure, exceptional communication skills and attention to detail. Energy, enthusiasm, and positivity are a must!
This is an onsite, in-office, position.
The Position will be staffed as a Current Planner I assigned to the Zoning Department, which addresses current planning issues including implementing ordinances; reviewing development proposals; assisting customers at the front counter. Examples of Important & Essential Duties (included but not limited to)
- Reviews development proposals, prepares detailed technical reports on development proposals.
- Attends public hearings regarding assigned projects and writing staff reports. Communicates and confers with citizens, architects, developers, and engineers regarding zoning regulations.
- Provides information related to zoning, general plan compliance, and other zoning related issues, both in person and over the phone; computes acreages and frontages; reviews commercial, industrial, and residential development proposals, plans, and applications for issuance of zoning clearances; identifies corrective actions to be taken by owners.
- Processes permit applications and calculates appropriate fees. Prepares and delivers agenda reports on development proposals and land use issues.
- Reviews applications and submitted plans for various building permits, which may include swimming pools, room additions, walls and fences, demolished properties, new developments, and/or other related structures.
- Participates in a variety of staff and development review meetings to discuss projects with peers and staff; provides interpretive assistance to staff on development standards, project proposals, and/or clarification of policies.
- Inputs a variety of planning information into databases; queries data and develops related reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, geography, architecture, public administration, or a related field
- Minimum of one (1) year of progressively responsible technical level planning experience.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license in good standing and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background checks.
Salary & Benefits
Job Type: Full-time FLSA Status: Exempt Competitive Hiring Salary Range: $47,949 – $52,499 Schedule: 8-hour shift, Monday thru Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm
- 401(a) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
How to Apply