City of Chamblee/CPL
CPL, a full-service architecture, engineering and urban planning firm providing Planning & Development services for the City of Chamblee, GA has a leadership opportunity available on our team. This position will serve as Deputy Director for the department providing a wide range of Planning & Development managerial-related duties. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and eager to be a part of a growing and progressive City that values walkability, traditional neighborhood design, sustainability and smart growth. Candidates are expected to work in a fast-paced environment focused on continuous improvement and innovation.
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the Department including supervision of approximately 15 planners, building inspectors, code enforcement officers and support staff;
- Mentoring and coaching other team members to ensure professional growth;
- Managing the City’s Design Review Board including chairing monthly meetings to review current development proposals;
- Participating in the implementation of recommendations from the City’s Comprehensive Plan, Multimodal Transportation Plan and other Master Planning documents;
- Managing long-range planning projects related to land use, transportation, housing, sustainability and other related disciplines;
- Applying for awards and grant funding opportunities;
- Ensuring that all department processes/procedures and effective and efficient and making adjustments, as needed;
- Managing the City’s Unified Development Ordinance and proposing necessary updates to reflect changes in the community and zoning-related trends;
- Attending Pre-Application meetings for Planning and Zoning-related applications;
- Communicating with other City Departments and outside agencies;
- Conducting research on planning and zoning-related matters; and
- Other job duties, as assigned.
Salary & Benefits
CPL is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a competitive compensation and benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume via email to Matt Dickison. No calls please.