City of Woodstock
The City of Woodstock, Georgia is seeking an Development Services Specialist. This full-time position coordinates the plan review and permitting process within the Community Development Department.
- Manages the portfolio of development projects; assures plan reviews are processed in a timely fashion; and makes certain that permits are issued expeditiously.
- Addresses questions and responds to inquiries from the general public, developers, City staff, architects, engineers, and contractors in person, via telephone, and via email related to new and existing development projects, site construction plans, and other community development activities; addresses open record requests.
- Serves as administrative and customer service support for the acceptance, processing, tracking, and distribution of development and building plans to the plan reviewers over multiple departments and consultants for compliance review.
- Maintains appointment calendars and scheduling; assists the supervisor with administrative tasks to support the department.
- Receives and reviews submitted plans for accuracy and completion of all required components.
- Serves as the record keeper as well as the coordinator and scheduler for the business affairs and assignments of the Development Process Committee (DPC) and maintains the records of the DPC.
- Communicates with the DPC by email; requests votes and decisions as directed.
- Plans, schedules, and oversees plan review meetings joining staff and applicants together for the purpose of issuing land disturbance permits.
- Maintains written and electronic records for land development permits, plats, plans, bonds, or escrow within the department.
- Guides, coordinates, and assists key members of other City departments in the areas of planning, development, and construction to promote the timely completion of development projects.
- Issues a variety of development documents including, but not limited to, site plans, plat approvals, and land disturbance permits.
- Responds to and/or resolves development inquiries, complaints, and problems from property owners, business owners, and the general public by contacting appropriate department(s), developer(s), or person(s).
- Handles monetary transactions to include, but not limited to, assessment and collection of fees for plan reviews, land disturbance permits, preliminary plat, and final plat reviews.
- Assists customers at the counter by answering phones, making copies, etc.
- Manages and coordinates records retention.
- Prepares a variety of special projects, reports, and department records which involve the compilation and research of relevant data and records retrieval.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
Requires a Bachelor’s degree; one (1) year of related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Licenses or Certifications:
Requires a valid State of Georgia driver’s license or the ability to obtain one within thirty days of employment. Also, requires a Level 1A Georgia Soil and Water Conservation Commission (GASWCC) certification.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of computers and electronic data processing.
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge providing complex and specialized support.
- Skill in operating office equipment and overhead projector.
- Skill in delivering customer service.
- Skill in organization.
- Skill in researching and organizing data.
- Skill in exercising discretion.
- Skill in communicating, both verbally and in writing.
- Skill in reading and interpreting zoning maps and site plans.
- Skill in interpreting and applying zoning and development regulations.
- Ability to meet and deal with the public.
- Ability to provide guidance, assistance, and/or interpretation to others on how to apply procedures and standards to specific situations.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with other City employees, business owners/operators, and City officials.
- Ability to process information, applications, and forms requiring accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to work independently with general supervision.
- Ability to move from task to task, as necessary throughout the moment during the day.
Salary & Benefits
The City of Woodstock provides a competitive benefits and compensation package to eligible employees including paid time off, health, dental, vision, and employer-paid long-term disability as well as life insurance; an employer-paid pension plan and 457 tax deferred savings plan w/employer match; and discounted gym membership.
Starting Base Pay Rate: $23.24 hourly and based on experience and qualifications.
More information can be found at the City of Woodstock’s website: www.woodstockga.gov.
How to Apply
All interested applicants must submit a completed online application on the website.