City of Duluth
Description of Job / Position
The primary goal of Duluth’s economic development and marketing team is to develop outreach plans for our community ensuring consistency in messaging, providing general information to the public and to help bring businesses and jobs to the city and maintain its economic well-being. The Economic Development and Marketing Department in Duluth is proactive and results-oriented.
The Economic Development & Marketing Specialist must have a broad understanding of marketing principals and the ability to use those principals to further economic development goals. This includes performing a wide variety of tasks unique to the comprehensive, real estate-driven philosophy of economic and community development and placemaking at the City of Duluth. These complexities include project-based recruitment, retention and expansion of new and existing businesses by promoting the City of Duluth as a business location, generating qualified prospects in targeted character areas, and improving the competitiveness of the community’s business climate through a wide variety of communication channels.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Marketing, Economic Development, Business or Public Administration, or a related field is required
- Two years of work experience in a professional-level capacity in a marketing or economic development-related area is required
- Foreign language skills are a plus
- Any combination of experience, training, and education which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties and responsibilities of the job will be considered.
Proficiency in the use of:
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Adobe products (Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
- Typical internet browsers (Chrome, Edge, etc.)
- Real Estate and Marketing Software (CoStar)
Any combination of experience, training, and education which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties and responsibilities of the job will be considered.
All candidates are subject to a background investigation including criminal history and driving record.
Salary & Benefits
Hiring range is $1,587 – $2,117 bi-weekly (annualized $41,269 – $55,048; Grade 21). A comprehensive fringe-benefit package is included. To visit the employee benefits package, please view our website.
How to Apply
Interested persons should submit a completed job application, a comprehensive resume, and proof of education. Proof of education can be an image of your diploma or a transcript (student, unofficial copy is fine.) Job application is available on our website.
Application materials may be sent electronically to email@example.com; or delivered to:
City of Duluth
Attn: Human Resources
3167 Main Street
Duluth, GA 30096-3263