Engineer Review Officer
DeKalb County Government
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Reviews plans for commercial and residential development; approves projects and coordinates all departmental reviews for permit requirements; organizes and conducts project meetings between other departments, engineers, and developers; and reviews hydrology reports for stormwater management requirements and compliance.
- Assists customers in person, by phone, and through email; explains and clarifies DeKalb County Code, as well as state requirements; answers FEMA flood inquiries; reviews residential plans; and receives and resubmits applications and plans, current and new.
- Reviews plans for erosion and sedimentation pollution control compliance for residential and commercial properties; reviews final plats for infrastructure compliance with land development construction plans; ensures compliance with DeKalb County Code; coordinates with all departments for approval before recording; and reviews lot combination and division plats for zoning compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Civil or Structural Engineering or a related field required;
- Two years of experience in building design and construction, plans review, or a related field;
- Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia driver’s license.
Salary & Benefits
Salary Range: $52,815 – $81,862
How to Apply