City of Perry
Our community is growing, and we are hiring an engineering services technician to join our team. This position will support the Community Development Department and the City to perform plan reviews for all development plans, specifications, standards, city ordinance, and regulatory requirements of federal, state and local laws.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in Microsoft Office products and have the following knowledge and skills: analyze and evaluate project drawings and specifications; interpret, apply and enforce applicable laws, codes, rules, policies, regulations, and design standards; process and prioritize multiple projects; and communicate with customers on various levels. Experience with a permit management software is a plus.
- Perform plan reviews for all development plans, specifications, standards, City ordinances and regulatory requirements of Federal, State and Local laws.
- Coordinate and administer tasks for contracts for a variety of engineering services.
- Coordinate with Finance and Legal Departments for bidding and invoicing of contracts.
- Consult with, advise, and provide reports to Engineering Services Manager.
- Coordinate mapping of City infrastructure with GIS Coordinator, and report such infrastructure acceptance to appropriate Local, State, and Federal agencies.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office products, and permit management software.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate project drawings and specifications.
- Ability to interpret, apply, and enforce applicable laws, codes, rules, policies, regulations, and design standards.
- Ability to effectively process and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to communicate with customers on various levels.
- Possession of a valid Georgia Soil & Water Conservation Commission Level I certificate.
- Possession of or ability to obtain a valid Georgia Driver’s License.
- This position requires pre-employment, post accident, and random drug screening.
Salary & Benefits
$49,700.00 – $75,600.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
How to Apply