Rome-Floyd Planning Department
Under general supervision, assists the GIS Administrator in maintaining a computer based Geographic Information System (GIS), for the city and county; providing maps and data to city and county departments in support of planning, decision making, service provision and construction; and training city and county staff and related individuals in the use of the GIS system.
- 25 hours of completed college course work in GIS, geography, cartography, or closely related field, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience desired.
- Requires extensive knowledge in the use of the ESRI suite of products to include ArcGIS Desktop and/or ArcGIS Pro.
- Requires extensive knowledge in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products in order to create and manipulate databases, presentations, and word processing documents as well as a general understanding of Windows 10.
- Experience in the field of GIS may substitute for some of the educational requirements. GISP and/or GIS Certification, or the ability to obtain such certification, will be considered a plus.
- Must already possess or obtain National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) 100 and 700 within three (3) months of employment.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license from state of residency.
Salary & Benefits
Hourly Rate Range:
Recruiting Hourly Rate:
$15.38 – $16.91
Workweek: Mon – Fri, 8:00 – 5:00
Nonexempt/Full-time with benefits
How to Apply