Contente Consulting, Inc. is seeking an intern interested in refining their educational and career paths in urban planning, public policy, public administration, and communications by enhancing their public engagement and stakeholder outreach skills and expertise.
- Provides support to a team of community planners and public engagement specialists.
- Assists staff in collecting and preparing data for various planning projects.
- Manages a full meeting calendar, creates and mails committee meeting packages.
- Conducts field work including existing conditions data collection.
- Participates in marketing campaigns that include canvassing and stakeholder engagement.
- Assists with draft messaging, speeches, presentations, and other tools to communicate program information to various internal and external audiences.
- Assists with production of public engagement reports and other materials.
- Assists planning staff in public engagement program development and execution.
- Attends and participates in community meetings.
- Manages social media campaigns.
- Research RFPs and assist with writing proposals.
- Impressive portfolio of previous public engagement work
- Willing to submit three references from previous clients
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge and utilization of various Social Media Platforms
Preferred Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master of Urban and Regional Planning, Public Administration or Public Policy Candidate
- Or 5+ years of extensive public engagement experience
Required License or Certification
- Driver’s License
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Motivated self-starter able to work independently
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Flexibility and desire to work on varying planning projects
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
Salary & Benefits
Job Type: 1099 – Contractor, 20 – 30 hours a week; hourly rate $20
How to Apply
Submit cover letter/email and resume to Jenna La Francois for consideration for this position.