Coastal Regional Commission
Description of Job / Position
The Long County Board of Commissioners is accepting applications/resumes for the full-time position of County Administrator. Long County is a vibrant growing community in Southeast Georgia. It has approximately 20,000 citizens and the City of Ludowici serves as the county seat. Located less than an hour from Savannah, it enjoys great weather and lifestyle.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Implements decisions made by the Board of Commissioners.
- Makes recommendations to the Board of Commissioners, as needed to benefit the county.
- Responsible for administering the daily operations of Long County’s governmental departments.
- Works with finance officer and Board of Commissioners to ensure financial accountability to the county.
- Provides input as necessary concerning the county’s capital and operating budgets and coordinates the budget process with the finance officer.
- Locates, writes, and submits grants on behalf of the county.
- Have knowledge of state and federal laws in all areas applicable to county government, including unemployment, wage and hours, EEOC, taxes, worker’s compensation, and pensions.
- Have knowledge of the functions, organization, and operations of all county departments.
- Directly supervises and evaluates all county department heads, excluding elected constitutional officers.
- Develops long and short-term plans for the county. Serves on various boards, commissions, and authorities as directed by the Board of Commissioners.
- Acts as a liaison between the Board of Commissioners and the public by responding to inquiries and resolving conflicts.
- Provides reports and information to the media as requested.
- Have knowledge of the principles and practices of public administration, human resources, and public relations.
- Represents the Board of Commissioners at various, meetings, ceremonies, and social functions.
Master’s Degree in Public Administration (preferred) or a related field, with at least three years of experience in county or city government; or a Bachelor’s Degree with at least five years of experience as an assistant administrator; or any equivalent combination of education and experience. Possess a valid Georgia driver’s license.
Salary & Benefits
Salary: Negotiable based on qualifications and experience.
Hiring is dependent upon drug screening, a background check, and an employment check.
The Job Description can be found on the website.
Long County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Interested persons should submit a letter of interest and detailed resume to:
The Coastal Regional Commission
Attention: Allen Burns, Executive Director