Electric Cities of Georgia, Inc.
This position is responsible for effectively providing management of Industrial Project Management of the Electric Cities of Georgia (ECG) Economic & Community Development section. This position functions as a representative of the SVP and Chief External Officer regarding daily operations and exercising independent judgment in special programs/projects and correspondence related to ECG’s Industrial, Industrial/Commercial type, Office Project Management and Business Recruitment matters. Success in this position demands the establishment and maintenance of strong working networks among internal staff and management in order to positively impact ECG’s corporate objectives.
Scope of Responsibility
Position responsibilities directly impact ECG’s corporate growth and well-being through internal/external relations and advocacies that positively impact ECG corporate and community short and long-range goals and objectives of sustained growth at minimal costs.
Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Works with SVP/CXO and other department supervisors to develop, perform and manage high level analysis, interpretation and implementation of complex and critical functions related to economic & community development strategies and priorities
- Provides management, planning and work assignments for economic & community development functions that include lead generation, business recruitment and project management of industrial, industrial/commercial related and office businesses
- Business recruitment – Working within teams and independently being proactive to develop business leads and business opportunities that result in industrial/commercial capital investment and the creation of employment within ECG/Alliance communities and the State of Georgia.
- Project Management – Working within teams and independently being proactive to manage various project responsibilities and coordinate responses on behalf of ECG/Alliance communities and the State of Georgia to request for information and proposals in a timely and professional manner.
- Provides input in developing effective departmental marketing strategies
- Works closely with supervisors under External Affairs areas to provide input and insure effective and proficient administrative and support services and processes
- Approves and provides input and oversight of budgeting and expense activities for project management and business recruitment responsibilities
- Determines operating procedures through continued analysis to facilitate process improvement measures for the project management and business recruitment areas
- Establishes and maintains a comprehensive intelligence network among brokers, consultants, and developers to develop new industrial, industrial/commercial type and office business opportunities in ECG/Alliance communities.
- Conducts community visits on a consistent basis throughout the year
- Works closely with ECG/Alliance communities and their leadership to provide guidance and appropriate analysis regarding best practices related to business recruitment and community development.
- Provides guidance and coordination to ECG/Alliance communities in identifying and effectively promoting industrial, industrial/commercial type and office development in the State of Georgia.
- Coordinates targeted business recruitment missions on a quarterly basis
- Practice great team skills and autonomy in the management of various project activities.
- Manages ECG responses to Request for Information and RFQ’s to ensure deadlines or met.
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities as directed.
- Perform overnight and daily travel as necessary.
Position generally requires a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Marketing or related field with 5 years of demonstrated related experience (in project management field). A combination of education and related experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
This is a combined sales, marketing and project management position, requiring skills in both lead generation and management of active projects. Must possess highly effective organizational, communication and interpersonal skills and must be able to work in confidence under stressful circumstances with corporate and governmental officials on matters that will remain confidential to ECG.
Must have the ability to gain a shared vision and be able to influence without authority on challenging decisions and priorities. Must possess excellent analytical skills as well as top level business management, interpersonal and communication skills. Must have experience in managing multiple deliverables under strict timelines. Must be analytical, organized, detail-oriented, hands-on, diplomatic and a team player. Must be able to work well with others when conflicts occur. Must have ability to assimilate strategic information and convert into clear and concise messages that colleagues and members can understand. Must have a thorough understanding of ECG’s business practices, procedures, and policies.
Must have strong personal drive and creativity; self-starter and able to follow projects through to completion. Maintain high level of customer service, integrity, and confidentiality. A cooperative and flexible attitude when adjusting to changing priorities is critical. Position demands a high level of interaction and coordination with ECG staff and management using diplomacy, professionalism, and a service-oriented approach.
Salary & Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Please email, fax or mail resume to the following:
Electric Cities of Georgia, Inc.
Attn: Manager, Industrial – Commercial Development
1470 Riveredge Pkwy, NW
Atlanta, GA 30328