Blue Cypress Consulting, LLC
Reports to: Community Planning Director
Employment Status: Full-Time Exempt
Location: Various Locations – Atlanta, GA; Warner-Robins, GA; Panama City, FL; Huntsville, AL.
Blue Cypress Consulting, LLC, is a woman-owned small business (WOSB) headquartered in Decatur, Georgia, providing Program Management, Military Master Planning, Community Planning, Public Outreach, GIS, and Utility Management Consulting services. The company was formed in 2013 with a vision of improving the communities in which we live and work. Today, we are proud to support Defense clients throughout the United States and stand ready to support mission readiness and mission critical decision-making through program delivery. Our team of engineers, planners, GIS professionals, and consultants provide a range of services to meet the needs of each client and project.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. The statements that follow are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties, and skills required.
Blue Cypress is seeking a Military Master Planner to support planning projects for Federal sector and Defense clients. The ideal candidate has a minimum of 10 years of experience, including a minimum of 5 years supporting military projects. This candidate must have a successful track record of leadership, delivering projects on time and on budget, developing and maintaining client relationships, and managing complex projects.
- Provide professional community planning services in support of federal and military master planning projects using established best practices and techniques from urban, regional, and facilities planning.
- Plan, develop, and deliver planning documents in compliance with federal and DoD regulations and guidelines, including but not limited to facility requirements analyses, asset evaluations, building condition assessments, real property asset inventory updates, etc.
- Conduct site visits to gather key project data, conduct investigations, and perform data research and analysis.
- Facilitate public meetings, including community meetings, visioning exercises, character preference surveys and design charrettes.
- Prepare and present information to both project stakeholders and the public.
- Manage large, complex projects and successfully deliver these on time and on budget.
- Occasional travel may be required for this position.
- B.S. in City, Urban or Regional Planning, Urban Design, Public Administration, Landscape Architecture, Geography or a related technical discipline
- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certification
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a planner, with 5 or more years supporting military projects
- Advanced proficiency in community planning principals and best practices
- Strong understanding and experience using GIS to visually communicate project goals and milestones
- Demonstrated strong project management skills with ability to effectively manage collaborative teams with concurrent projects and deadlines
- Proven ability to establish and grow client base
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exemplary work ethic
- Must be able to pass a background check and obtain a security clearance.
- US passport required
- Prior military service experience
- Master’s degree in Urban and Regional Planning or a related technical discipline
- GISP certification
- Established network of contacts and the ability to maintain and grow core client relationships and assess client needs with the goal of delivering tailored, cost effective solutions
Salary & Benefits
Employee Development – Our Philosophy
We believe in helping our employees align their energy with their passion. We believe in setting our employees up for success by providing a structure to develop their careers. We believe in mentorship that nurtures passion and challenges the intellect. We embrace the entrepreneurial spirit and are seeking a candidate with the same passion for making our company their own and changing the world. We support getting involved in professional organizations, attending career related training opportunities, and attending conferences to present and to learn.
Benefits of working with us
At Blue Cypress Consulting, we consider each employee’s circumstances, and strive to offer flexible work arrangements and to promote work/life balance. Embracing this balance, and depending on their location and circumstances, our employees may work out of our Decatur office, their home, a client worksite, or a collaborative workshare space. We utilize remote working tools such as screen sharing and professional conference calling equipment, as well as cloud file storage, enabling our consultants’ access to their team and data from any client site.
We offer a competitive benefits package comparable to large A/E/C firms, including a retirement account matching program, paid-time-off commensurate with years of experience, and health insurance plans.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
How to Apply
Please apply with cover letter and resume at https://www.indeed.com/job/military-master-planner-5159cede2d54e98a.
No phone calls please, no office visits and NO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES.