City of Norcross
The City of Norcross is looking for a full-time Plan Review Coordinator. The purpose of this position is responsible for providing professional planning support for the Community Development Department.
This position aims to work with developers on plans, review plans, sign permit applications, and coordinate the plan review process. This position also supports the Senior Planner and Sustainability Planner for the Planning and Zoning Board, Zoning Board of Appeals, Architectural Review Board, Historic Preservation Commission, and Sustainable Norcross Commission, processing applications, preparing staff reports and agendas and attending their meetings when applicable. The incumbent in this position will assist the Community Development Department with implementing the City’s Unified Development Ordinance and Comprehensive Plan and other short and long-range planning studies.
- Composes and types a variety of correspondence, forms, reports and records.
- Responds to requests from developers, contractors, real estate personnel, attorneys and the general public regarding city zoning, land use, and development codes.
- Receives, directs and resolves requests, inquiries and complaints from the public.
- Reviews residential, commercial and industrial plans for conformance with applicable zoning codes and conditions and coordinates the City’s development review process.
- Prepares staff reports for City Boards, and other entities as needed and assigned; processes and accepts applications for and prepares agendas and minutes, public notices, letters, signs and legal ads for said Boards and performs ARB and Zoning inspections for Certificates of Occupancy/Completion.
- Responds to questions about the City’s UDO, Comprehensive Plan and Sign Ordinance
- Prepares information for public hearings and board meetings.
- Attends public (evening) meetings of the Boards support is provided for when needed.
- Must be fluent in Spanish
- GIS skills and capabilities are desired
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning, Architecture, Construction Management; Political Science, or a related field from an accredited college or university
- One to five years of experience in a planning, zoning and development related office.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
Salary & Benefits
Job Type: Full-time with benefits
Starting Salary $38,221.34 (minimum) up to $49,687.74 (midpoint) based upon qualifications/experience.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit a letter of interest and updated resume to Human Resources/ Please verify receipt.
EOE/DFW; No phone calls, please