Performs a variety of advanced technical, administrative, and supervisory work in directing engineering activities related to development plan review and capital projects. Performs complex administrative and higher-level professional civil engineering work in the design, construction, inspection, and coordination of a variety of public works projects; processes, reviews, and approves plans associated with residential, commercial, industrial and public assembly development, subdivision, transportation and other projects for conformance with local and State and current civil engineering practice; and performs other duties as assigned.
Reviews residential, commercial, industrial and public works project plans, reports and other development and design-related documents for compliance with any local regulatory standards, and all applicable local, state, and federal codes and guidelines.
Position involves competing demands, performing multiple tasks, meeting strict deadlines, and occasionally involves working extended hours to meet strict deadlines and to attend public meetings after office hours.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Plan reviewer Engineer include:
- Reviews subdivision preliminary plats, final plats and re-plats; subdivision construction plans; subdivision bonding calculations
- Reviews construction plans, site plans and other development related applications and documents for compliance with the local design standards and/or state and federal codes and other civil engineering standards
- Reviews hydrologic and hydraulic models and analysis, drainage reports, FEMA letter of map change documents and reports, geotechnical reports, pavement designs and other development related reports/documents
- Meets with citizens, developers, contractors, other agencies
- Responds to questions from the public concerning drainage, private development, and other related issues
- Conducts inspections of work-in-progress and ensures projects are completed in compliance with applicable codes, regulations and standards
- Coordinates assigned engineering projects with outside contractors, government agencies and organizations and the public, and provides assistance.
- Provides with tact a variety of information to the public including conditions of zoning and land use regulations
- Discusses potential projects with applicants, including property owners, developers and design professionals. Explains filing procedures and analysis criteria.
- Ability to read and interpret site plans, building plans, specifications, calculations, and codes to determine compliance with appropriate codes and ordinances
- Understanding of Form-Based Codes, Smart Growth Principles, Context Sensitive Design, and Complete Streets
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or closely related field; and
- Two years of experience in civil engineering plan review and construction; or
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Registered as a Professional Civil or Structural Engineer preferred.
- International Code Council Plans Examiner Certification is highly desirable
- Valid Georgia motor vehicle operator’s license is required.
Salary & Benefits
The Collaborative offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resume. No phone calls please.