The Plan Reviewer, Non-Registered Engineer conducts work of moderate to high complexity and must possess a thorough understanding of zoning and site development. The Plan reviewer works under limited supervision.
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Plan reviewer include:
- Interprets and applies applicable state, county, and local codes, ordinances, and regulations
- Reviews various development applications including plats, permits and site plans for compliance with the Development Code
- Handles variance petitions
- Assists with updates and maintenance of the Comprehensive Plan, Development Code and Technical Manual
- Writes and presents formal and technical reports and correspondence
- Attends a substantial number of evening and weekend meetings
- Provides with tact a variety of information to the public including conditions of zoning and land use regulations
- Discusses potential projects with applicants, including property owners, developers and design professionals. Explains filing procedures and analysis criteria.
- Minimum of one year of professional experience in plan review.
- Equivalent combination of training, education, and experience will be considered.
- Experience with local government preferred.
- Ability to read site plans.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Familiarity with urban planning principles.
- Valid Georgia motor vehicle operator’s license is required.
Salary & Benefits
The Collaborative offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.