Oconee County Board of Commissioners
The purpose of this classification is to perform administrative/supervisory work functions associated with assisting in administering the Unified Development Code, Community Agenda, and other development-related ordinances. This position reports to the Planning Director.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Prepares staff reports and reviews for rezoning, special use approval, and variance requests for presentation to the Planning Commission, Development Review Committee, and the Board of Commissioners.
- Serves as a liaison to developers, architects, engineers and others in answering questions.
- Reads and interprets maps, plats, and site plans.
- Compiles and/or monitors various administrative and statistical data pertaining to departmental operations; performs research as needed; makes applicable calculations; analyzes trends; prepares or generates reports; maintains records.
- Processes a variety of documentation associated with departmental operations per established procedures and within designated timeframes; distributes documentation or retains records as appropriate.
- Prepares or completes various forms, reports, correspondence, preliminary plat reviews, plans, sketches, charts, calendars, or other documents.
- Maintains and organizes system of all existing and new departmental files and records, both hard copy and electronically.
- Copies and distributes forms, reports, correspondence, and other related materials.
- Initiates/receives electronic transmission of documents.
- Attends regularly scheduled and/or called public night meetings.
- Conducts field visits.
- Operates a computer to enter, retrieve, review or modify data; verifies accuracy of entered data and makes corrections as appropriate; Utilizes word processing, spreadsheet, desktop publishing, drawing, or other software programs.
- Operates mapping and property data programs; assists the staff with site review and aerial mapping for presentations to the Planning Commission and the Board of Commissioners.
- Communicates with supervisor, commissioners, county officials, employees, other departments, developers, builders, architects, surveyors, planners, officials of other governments, property owners, the public, the media, and other individuals as needed to coordinate work activities, review status of work, exchange information, or resolve problems.
- Maintains a comprehensive, current knowledge and awareness of applicable laws/regulations; maintains an awareness of new trends and advances in the profession; reads professional literature; maintains professional affiliations; attends workshops and training sessions as appropriate.
- Reviews, processes and assists with sign permit application reviews.
- Adheres to all county Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Provides assistance to other employees or departments as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Planning or closely related field; supplemented by one (1) to three (3) years previous experience and/or training that includes planning or related field; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job. Must possess and maintain a valid Georgia Driver’s License.
Salary & Benefits
$40,494 – $58,165
How to Apply
Complete the online application and email resume.