Douglas County Board of Commisioners
The Planner researches and evaluates zoning codes and zoning information, reviews applications for permits to determine compliance with zoning requirements and subdivision codes, recommend code amendments, acts as staff support for the Board’s decisions and researches and evaluates areas regarding possible rezoning. The successful candidate will have knowledge of the following: site planning and urban design principles and practices and ability to read and interpret plans; zoning, planning and land use laws, rules and regulations.
- Must submit 2-3 writing samples with employment application. Examples: Staff reports, School papers, Technical writing
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university with major field of study in Urban Planning or related discipline.
- Copy of transcript required with application.
- AICP Certification is preferred. If not AICP certified, certification must be obtained within two years of date of hire.
- Minimum of two years professional work experience in related field.
- Must have and maintain a valid United States Driver’s License (Class C),a satisfactory motor vehicle record (MVR) and the ability and willingness to drive a county vehicle; if assigned job duties require the use of a vehicle.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Employment is contingent on passing a mandatory Physical/Drug Screen/MVR and Background Investigation.
Salary & Benefits
Salary range: $41,489.89 – $60,193.95 annual ($19.94 – $28.93 hourly) based on experience qualifications, plus full benefits package.
How to Apply
Resumes may be attached, but a resume without a completed application will not be considered.