- Works with Planning and Zoning Manager and County Engineer to coordinate development plan reviews, land disturbance permits, and final plat review and engineering inspections.
- Serves as liaison with consultants, developers, public agencies, and the public regarding the permitting and review process.
- Coordinates Sketch Plan review process.
- Reviews sign and building permit applications for zoning compliance, with special consideration for development in the Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) and wetlands areas.
- Provides support for the Community Rating System (CRS)/county floodplain management program.
- Attends Planning Board meetings as needed.
- Coordinates the department’s participation in long-range planning projects including transportation, stormwater, comprehensive growth management, and solid waste.
- Coordinates with other county departments and authorities on plan development and updates.
- Provides staff support to the county Transportation Advisory Board (TAB).
- Develops presentations on department programs for organizational and community meetings.
- Assists the Planning and Zoning Manager in researching and writing updates and amendments to ordinances and development regulations.
- Participate in professional organizations to maintain up-to-date knowledge of planning, zoning, development, and environmental best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Public Administration, or related field.
- Local government planning experience, or a combination of education, training, and experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Strong communication, research, and writing skills, and the ability to deal effectively with the public and government officials.
- Must be computer-literate and possess in-depth skills with Microsoft Office products, including the creation of forms, tables, brochures, and simple graphics.
- Valid Georgia driver’s license.
- Experience working in a local government planning department
- AICP certification
Salary & Benefits
Full time, non-exempt – $19.23 per hour.
Competitive benefits package.
How to Apply
Submit with resume to
601 North Laurel Street
Springfield, Georgia 31329